- Play Up!:
- Remember this from Week 7? “…Norfolk in way! He’s racking up the money and weekly wins – Nick Hogwood 40 (7) collects his third prize of the season and crashes into the Top 5 to boot. And obviously hacks off his brother at the same time…” Well, it’s happened again in Week 9, 41 (7) and now he’s top! The Jazz is dead, long live the Colonel!
- Ecky Thumped!:
- Remember this from Week 7? “…Ahhh, bless! Our fave girl from Cymru (after Charlotte, natch) always asks for a mention and she’s ended up here again – nevermind, Lisa Grey 10(0) has got the memory of the grand slam to soften the blow…” Well, this didn’t happen again – John Williamson 14(1) will be delighted with his return to form when he returns from the Land of the Rising Sun in a couple of weeks…
- Correct Score of the Week:
- 7 got Nottm Forest’s 3-1 v Cheltenham, Dave McS, Stephen P & Anthony Y got the Toon’s return to proper Keegan football, Mark G got Sheff U’s 3-0 v Leicester and Howard Thomas got this week’s best correct score with Fulham 1 Sunderland 3
- Bet of the Week:
- Hurrah! We won! It may only be £6.25 but we’ll take whatever we’re given! Well done to Clare N for providing 4th in the National and taking the current situation to minus £3.75. Over to you for the third time of asking Nick…
- Table News:
- Nick Hogwood glides up to first with a 1 point lead over Neil M. The high and the low happen mid-table, Mark G (+8) and Jamie S (-9). Ben A is where you’ve got to be for automatic Euro 2008 involvement and Martin Stafford has his best week for ages but still finds himself 12 points awash at the bottom.
- PAS Cup Semi-Finals:
- This year’s Cup Final will be contested between Neil Meredith and Mark McDowell – the latter just getting the better of Mark J B and the former comprehensively trouncing Matt D. Well done chaps, just wait and see what you’ve got to predict for the final!