Predict-a-Score… Champions League 2019/2020
…IT’S THE LAW – THE LAW OF PREDICT-A-SCORE!!!
- The Champions League competition will run alongside Lucky 13 Winter 2019 (Group Stage) & Spring 2020 (Last 16 Knockout Stage) and carries separate prize money (tbc)
- There is NO weekly prize in the Champions League
- During the Group Stage you will be playing against the people in your group
- Top 2 from each of the 8 qualifier groups will go through to the knockout stage in Spring 2020.
- Each player will have 6 group stage “matches” – 3 “home” & 3 “away” matches
- In each “match” the aim is to beat your opponent’s score and win 3 points.
- If scores (and correct scores) are equal, the match is a “draw” and 1 point is awarded to each player
- A “goal difference” factor will come into play if players finish on the same number of points & correct scores after 6 games in their group.
- During the Last 16 Stage you will be playing against the person you have drawn – the aim is to beat their score and progress to the next round and so on until the Final in May.
- As in the proper CL, home advantage is a big benefit.
- If you have got a “HOME” game you can select one of the 30 games to play your “JOKER”. Indicate your selection by clicking the “Joker” button next to one of the team names on the scoresheet (e.g. Arsenal “J” v Spurs)
- If you score any points on this selection, they will be DOUBLED.
- The “JOKER” points DO NOT count towards L13 Winter/Spring league scores.
- In the event of a draw, the person with the most CORRECT SCORES will be deemed the winner.
- 1pt for a correct RESULT – i.e. home win, away win, draw.
- 3pts for a correct SCORE – i.e. 1-0, 0-1, 1-1, etc…
- Bonus point for every goal on a correct SCORE involving 3 or more goals EXCEPT 2-1 & 2-2. Example, 5-0 = 9pts. (1pt for correct RESULT, 3pts for correct SCORE and 1pt for each GOAL = 5pts).
- If your scores are not submitted on time, you will automatically be given the 2-0 for every match missed.
Cheers and good luck,