If you wanna be involved – mail me back and you’re on the list – cheers!
Predict-a-Score…Copa Mondial 2006
…IT’S THE LAW – THE LAW OF PREDICT-A-SCORE!!!
Welcome to P-A-S. Founded in 1989 when the inaugural competition had just 6 entries – now we regularly get up to at least 50 plus and we’ve once reached 120! So rope some more people in cos it means more money for the prize fund and if you finish in the prize positions at the end of the tournament, it’s a nice bonus just in time for your summer hols! Anyway, for any newcomers, here are the rules……
- Competition entry £10 (Payable by cheque to me, Paul Fernandez: email me for mailing address).
- “PAS Copa Mondial 2006” will last 4 weeks, commencing Friday 9th June and ending Sunday 9th July 2006. Closing date for entry fee 8th June 2006.
- The “kitty” of money accumulated will be shared amongst the TOP FOUR after the Final, with the “World Champion” collecting approx. £100(tbc).
- All 64 matches to predict over 6 stages: Group Stage 1 & 2 (32 games), Group Stage 3 (16 games), Second Round (8 games), Quarter Finals (4 games), Semi Finals (2 games), The Final.
- Person with the most points after 64 games wins.
- In the event of a draw, the person with the most CORRECT SCORES will be deemed the winner.
- If two or more people have the same points & correct scores, the prize will be SHARED.
- 1pt for a correct RESULT – i.e. home win, away win, draw.
- 3pts for a correct SCORE – i.e. 1-0, 0-1, 1-1, etc…
- Bonus point for every goal on a correct SCORE involving 3 or more goals EXCEPT 2-1 & 2-2. e.g. 5-0 = 9pts. (1pt for correct RESULT, 3pts for correct SCORE and 1pt for each GOAL = 5pts).
- Group Stage 1 & 2 score sheet will be available from May 25th and has to be e-mailed back by 17.59 FRIDAY 9th JUNE (unless otherwise stated).
- Group Stage 3 will also be available from May 25th but does not have to be mailed back until 15.59 TUESDAY 20th JUNE.
- Please note, all score sheets should be sent to [email protected] and [email protected]
- If your scoresheet isn’t sent in on time, you will automatically be given the 2-0 for every match unless I HEAR OTHERWISE!! No hard luck stories allowed!
- If you’re away/ill and unable to fill in your scoresheet you can…
- Text me your scores (if you know the number!)
- Choose one score for all the matches and tell me.
- Get someone (tip – who likes you!) to do your scores for you.
- Your scores will be added up daily and a League table will be compiled each week and sent round.
Got all that!?! Good… now tell everyone you know and get them to e-mail me so I can add them to the list!
If you’re still confused, basically it’s pay ten quid, fill in the scores and hope you win some money!
Cheers and good luck, Pab.