If you don’t wanna be involved – mail me back and you’re off the list – cheers!
Predict-a-Score…Lucky 13 Winter 2006
…IT’S THE LAW – THE LAW OF PREDICT-A-SCORE!!!
Welcome to P-A-S. Founded in 1989 when the inaugural competition had just 6 entries – now we regularly get up to at least 50 plus and we’ve once reached 120! So rope some more people in cos it means more money for the prize fund and if you finish in the prize positions at the end of 13 weeks, it’s a nice bonus just in time for your summer hols! Anyway, for any newcomers, here are the rules……
- Competition entry £22.50 (Payable by cheque to me, Paul Fernandez: email me for mailing address)
- Weekly prize £20.
- “Winter 2006” will last 13 weeks, commencing on the weekend 22nd/23rd September and ending weekend 16th/17th December 2006. Closing date for cheques is 21st September 2006.
- The “kitty” of money accumulated additional to the weekly prizes will be shared amongst the TOP TEN after Week 13, with the “League Champion” collecting approx. £150(tbc). Please note – £2.50 will be taken for each player and put towards the P-A-S Cup 2007 – so make sure you qualify!!
- 30 matches to predict each week. In the event of postponements, 15 matches have to be played or that week is void and money carried over to the following week.
- Matches will be all PREMIERSHIP, CHAMPIONSHIP & SCOTTISH PREMIER games, plus games involving BRISTOL CITY & ACCRINGTON STANLEY in League 1 and 2 respectively.
- Person with the most points each week wins £20.
- In the event of a draw, the person with the most CORRECT SCORES will be deemed the winner.
- If two or more people have the same points & correct scores, the weekly prize will be SHARED.
- 1pt for a correct RESULT – i.e. home win, away win, draw.
- 3pts for a correct SCORE – i.e. 1-0, 0-1, 1-1, etc.
- Bonus point for every goal on a correct SCORE involving 3 or more goals EXCEPT 2-1 & 2-2. Example: 5-0 = 9pts. (1pt for correct RESULT, 3pts for correct SCORE and 1pt for each GOAL = 5pts).
- Score sheets will be posted on this site on Tuesday/Wednesday and have to be e-mailed back to me by 19.44 FRIDAY (unless otherwise stated). Please note, until further notice, all score sheets should be sent to [email protected]/[email protected].
- If your scoresheet isn’t sent in on time, you will automatically be given the 2-0 for every match unless I HEAR OTHERWISE!! No hard luck stories allowed…
- If you’re away or ill, and unable to fill in your scoresheet you can…
- Text me your scores
- Choose one score for all the matches and tell me.
- Get someone (tip – who likes you!) to do your scores for you.
- Your scores will be added up every week and a League table will be compiled each week and sent round.
- The TOP 32 at the end of the season will be invited to join PAS CUP 2007 in January.
Got all that?! Good… now tell everyone you know and get them to e-mail me so I can add them to the list!
If you’re still confused, basically it’s pay twenty quid, fill in 30 scores for 13 weeks and hope you win some money!
Cheers and good luck, Pab.