Predict-a-Score… Euro 2012
…IT’S THE LAW – THE LAW OF PREDICT-A-SCORE!!!
Welcome to P-A-S. Founded in 1989 when the inaugural competition had just 6 entries
We regularly get up to at least 50+ players and we’ve once reached the heady heights of 120… So rope some more people in cos it means more money for the prize fund.
Anyway, for any newcomers, here are the rules……
- Competition entry is £10.00 if you qualified from top 16 of Lucky 13 Spring 2012, or £15.00 if you didn’t! (Payable by cheque or bank transfer to me, Paul Fernandez: email me for more details). Closing date for payment Thursday 7th June 2012.
- Weekly prize £20.00.
- “Euro 2012” will last 3 weeks, commencing on Friday 8th June 2012 and ending Sunday 1st July 2012.
- The “kitty” of money accumulated will be shared amongst the TOP FOUR (plus “spot prizes”) after the Final, with the “European Champion” collecting approx. £100.00(tbc).
- All 31 matches to predict over 5 stages – Group Stage 1 & 2 (16 games), Group Stage 3 (8 games), Quarter Finals (4 games), Semi Finals (2 games), The Final
- Person with the most points after 31 games wins.
- In the event of a draw, the person with the most CORRECT SCORES will be deemed the winner.
- If two or more people have the same points & correct scores, the prize will be SHARED.
- 1pt for a correct RESULT – i.e. home win, away win, draw.
- 3pts for a correct SCORE – i.e. 1-0, 0-1,1-1 etc.
- Bonus point for every goal on a correct SCORE involving 3 or more goals EXCEPT 2-1 & 2-2.
- Example: 5-0 = 9pts. (1pt for correct RESULT, 3pts for correct SCORE and 1pt for each GOAL = 5pts)
- Group Stage 1 & 2 score sheet will be posted on the web from May 25th and has to be e-mailed back to me by 16.59 FRIDAY 8th JUNE (unless otherwise stated).
Group Stage 3 will also be posted by May 25th but does not have to be mailed back until 20.44 SATURDAY 16th JUNE.
Please note, all score sheets should be sent to [email protected]
- If your scoresheet isn’t sent in on time, you will automatically be given the 2-0 for every match unless I HEAR OTHERWISE!! No hard luck stories please…
- If you’re away/ill and unable to fill in your scoresheet you can…
- Text me your scores
- Choose one score for all the matches and tell me.
- Get someone (tip – who likes you!) to do your scores for you.
- Your scores will be added up daily and a League table will be compiled each week and sent round.
Got all that !?! Good… Now tell everyone you know and get them to e-mail me so I can add them to the list!
If you’re still confused, basically it’s pay ten quid, fill in the scores and hope you win some money!
Cheers and good luck, Pab.