Predict-a-Score…Lucky 13 Winter 2015
“26 years of guessing…”
IT’S THE LAW – THE LAW OF PREDICT-A-SCORE!
Welcome to P-A-S. Founded in 1989 the inaugural competition had just 6 entries – now, as we enter into our 26th year,
we regularly get up to at least 60+ players and we’ve once reached the heady heights of 120…yeah, well mad!
So rope some more people in cos it means more money for the prize fund.
Remember, if you finish in the prize positions at the end of 13 weeks, it’s a nice little bonus for Christmas!
Anyway, here are the rules……
1) Competition entry is £23.00 Payable by bank transfer (please do, it’s sooo much easier!) or cheque to me (email for full details). Closing date for payments is Wednesday 30th September 2015. You can post date the cheque if you’re skint!
2) Weekly prize £20.00
3)”Lucky 13 Winter 2015″ will last 13 weeks, commencing on the weekend 24th-28th September 2015 and ending weekend 19th-20th December 2015.
4) The “kitty” of money accumulated additional to the weekly prizes will be shared amongst the TOP TEN (tbc) after Week 13, with the “League Champion” collecting approx. £100(tbc).
5) 30 matches to predict each week. In the event of postponements, 15 matches have to be played or that week is void and money carried over to the following week.
6) Matches will be all PREMIER, CHAMPIONSHIP & SCOTTISH PREMIER games, plus games involving WALSALL & BRISTOL ROVERS in Leagues 1 and 2 respectively.
7) Person with the most points each week wins £20.00
8) In the event of a draw, the person with the most CORRECT SCORES will be deemed the winner.
9) If two or more people have the same points & correct scores, the weekly prize will be SHARED equally.
10) 1pt for a correct RESULT – i.e. home win, away win, draw.
11) 3pts for a correct SCORE – i.e. 1-0, 0-1,1-1 etc.
12) A correct SCORE of 3-0, 0-3, 3-1, 1-3 0-0 or 2-2 is now worth 5pts (1pt for correct RESULT, 3pts for correct SCORE and 1pt bonus = 5pts)
13) A correct SCORE involving 4 or more goals (EXCEPT 3-1, 1-3 & 2-2) carries 1pt bonus for every goal – for example, 5-0 = 9pts (1pt for correct RESULT, 3pts for correct SCORE and 1pt for each GOAL = 5pts)
14) Blanket scores will be enthusiastically discouraged!
15) Scoresheets will be posted on the webpage (here) early doors.
16) Any scores submitted after the kick off times will be blocked and you will automatically be given the 2-0 DEFAULT SCORE for every match missed. If you miss a 12.45 k.o. you can still submit scores for 3pm, if you miss 3pm you can still submit for 5.30pm and so on through Sunday/Monday. No hard luck stories please, it won’t wash!
17) Your scores will be added up every week and a League table will be compiled each week and posted online.
18) If reaching for the stars & landing the title is a bit beyond you, see that your main aim is to finish in the Top 32 in order to qualify for the PAS Cup 2016 – so make sure you’re on your mettle!
Cheers and good luck!