Predict-a-Score…Lucky 13 Winter 2018
“29 years of guessing…”
IT’S THE LAW – THE LAW OF PREDICT-A-SCORE!
Welcome to P-A-S.
Founded in 1989, when the inaugural competition had just 6 entries, we were armed with photocopies & magic markers – now, into our 29th year, we’ve got a new hi-tech site ‘n’ everything!
We regularly get up to at least 80+ players and we’ve once reached the heady heights of 120…imagine?!
So, rope some more people in cos it means more money for the prize fund.
We like that.
Anyway, here are the rules……
Pay your entry fee
Predict the scores of 30 matches covering the Premiership, Championship, League 1, League 2 & Scottish Premiership before the kick off time
Sit back, wait for the weekly update & find out if you’ve won that week’s prize for getting the most points.
Easy though, innit!
Need to know a bit more? Like, how much? What games are we predicting? How does the scoring work?
1) Competition entry is £20.00
Payable by bank transfer (preferable) or PayPal – you choose!
Closing date for payment – Saturday 29th September 2018.
2) Weekly prize £20.00
3)“Lucky 13 Winter 2018” will last 13 weeks, commencing on the Friday 28th September 2018 and ending weekend 21st / 22nd / 23rd December 2018.
4) The “kitty” of money accumulated additional to the weekly prizes will be shared amongst the TOP TEN (tbc) after Week 13, with the “League Champion” collecting approx. £150(tbc).
5) 30 matches to predict each week. In the event of postponements, 15 matches have to be played or that week is void and money carried over to the following week.
6) Matches will be all PREMIER, CHAMPIONSHIP & SCOTTISH PREMIER games, plus games involving Fleetwood Town & Tranmere Rovers in Leagues 1 and 2 respectively.
7) Person with the most points each week wins £20.00
8) In the event of a draw, the person with the most CORRECT SCORES will be deemed the winner.
9) If two or more people have the same points & correct scores, the weekly prize will be SHARED equally.
10) 1pt for a correct RESULT – i.e. home win, away win, draw.
11) 3pts for a correct SCORE – i.e. 1-0, 0-1,1-1 etc.
12) A correct SCORE of 3-0, 0-3, 3-1, 1-3 0-0 or 2-2 is now worth 5pts (1pt for correct RESULT, 3pts for correct SCORE and 1pt bonus = 5pts)
14) A correct SCORE involving 4 or more goals (EXCEPT 3-1, 1-3 & 2-2) carries 1pt bonus for every goal – for example, 5-0 = 9pts (1pt for correct RESULT, 3pts for correct SCORE and 1pt for each GOAL = 5pts)
15) “Blanket scoring” will be enthusiastically discouraged!
16) Scoresheets will be posted on the homepage (http://www.pabspace.co.uk) early doors.
17) Any scores submitted after the kick off times will be blocked and you will automatically be given the 2-0 DEFAULT SCORE for every match missed. If you miss a 12.45 k.o. you can still submit scores for 3pm and if you miss 3pm you can still submit for 5.30pm and so on throughout. No hard luck stories please. Like northerners, it won’t wash…
18) Your scores will be added up every week and a League table will be compiled and posted online.
19) Set your sights on a Top 32 finish to be one of the elite & qualify for PAS Cup 2019.
Cheers and good luck!