If you don’t wanna be involved – mail me back and you’re off the list – cheers!
Predict-a-Score… L13 Spring 2013
“23 Years of guessing…” IT’S THE LAW – THE LAW OF PREDICT-A-SCORE!!!
Welcome to P-A-S. Founded in 1989 when the inaugural competition had just 6 entries – now, as we enter into our 23rd year we’re au fait with the new rules and very soon, a new hi-tech site!
We regularly get up to at least 50+ players and we’ve once reached the heady heights of 120… So rope some more people in cos it means more money for the prize fund.
Anyway, here are the rules……
- Competition entry is £25.00, or £20.00 if you’re in PAS Spring Cup 2013 or PAS Champions League 2012 Last 16 (Payable by cheque or bank transfer to me, Paul Fernandez: email me for more details). Closing date for payment Tuesday 31st January 2013.
- Weekly prize £20.00.
- “Lucky 13 Spring 2013” will last 13 weeks, commencing on the weekend 1st-4th February 2013 and ending weekend 26th-29th April 2013.
- The “kitty” of money accumulated additional to the weekly prizes will be shared amongst the TOP TEN (tbc) after Week 13, with the “League Champion” collecting approx. £100.00(tbc).
- There are 30 matches to predict each week. In the event of postponements, 15 matches have to be played or that week is void and the prize money is carried over to the following week.
- Matches will include all PREMIERSHIP, CHAMPIONSHIP & SCOTTISH PREMIER games, plus games involving NOTTS COUNTY & FLEETWOOD in Leagues 1 and 2 respectively.
- Person with the most points each week wins £20.00.
- In the event of a draw, the person with the most CORRECT SCORES will be deemed the winner.
- If two or more people have the same points & correct scores, the weekly prize will be SHARED equally.
- Score sheets will be sent out & posted on this website on a Tuesday/Wednesday. Scoresheets have to be e-mailed back to me by 19.44 FRIDAY (unless otherwise stated). Please note, until further notice, ALL scoresheets should be sent to [email protected]
- If you’re away or ill, and unable to fill in your scoresheet you can…
- Request a scoresheet early
- Text me your scores
- Get someone (tip – who likes you!) to do your scores for you.
- 1pt for a correct RESULT – i.e. home win, away win, draw.
- 3pts for a correct SCORE – i.e. 1-0, 0-1, 1-1, etc.
- A correct SCORE of 3-0, 0-3, 3-1, 1-3, 0-0 or 2-2 is now worth 5pts (1pt for correct RESULT, 3pts for correct SCORE and 1pt bonus = 5pts)
- A correct SCORE involving 4 or more goals (EXCEPT 3-1, 1-3 & 2-2) carries 1pt bonus for every goal – for example, 5-0 = 9pts (1pt for correct RESULT, 3pts for correct SCORE and 1pt for each GOAL = 5pts)
- Blanket scores will be enthusiastically discouraged!
- Any scores submitted after the kick off times will be discarded and you will automatically be given the 2-0 DEFAULT SCORE for every match missed. If you miss a 12.45 k.o. you can still submit scores for 3pm and if you miss 3pm you can still submit for 5.30pm and so on through Sunday/Monday. No hard luck stories please, it won’t wash!
- Your scores will be added up every week and a League table will be compiled each week and sent round
- Set your sights on a Top 32 finish to one of the elite & qualify for PAS Champions League 2013/14 Group Stages!
Got all that?! Good… now tell everyone you know and get them to e-mail me so I can add them to the list!
If you’re still confused, basically it’s pay your entry fee, fill in 30 scores for 13 weeks and hope you win some money!
Cheers and good luck, Pab.