Predict-a-Score… Champions League 2013
…IT’S THE LAW – THE LAW OF PREDICT-A-SCORE!!!
- Competition entry £20 (Payable by cheque to me, Paul Fernandez: email me for mailing address).
- The Champions League competition will run alongside Lucky 13 Winter 2013 (Group Stage) & Spring 2014 (Last 16 Knockout Stage) and carry separate prize money (tbc)
- There is NO weekly prize in the Champions League
- During the Group Stage you will be playing against the people in your group
- Top 2 from each of the 8 qualifyier groups will go through to the knockout stage in Spring 2012.
- Each player will have 6 group stage “matches” – 3 “home” & 3 “away” matches
- In each “match” the aim is to beat your opponents score and win 3 points.
- If scores (and correct scores) are equal, the match is a “draw” and 1 point is awarded to each player<./li>
- A “point difference” factor will come into the question if players finish on the same number of points after 6 games in their group. As always, correct scores are king if these points are equal!
- During the Last 16 Stage you will be playing against the person you have drawn – the aim is to beat their score and progress to the next round and so on until the Final in May.
- As in the proper Cup, home advantage is a big benefit.
- If you have got a “HOME” draw you can select one of the 30 games to play your “JOKER”. Indicate your selection by marking a “JJJ” next to one of the team names on the scoresheet (e.g. Arsenal JJJ)
- If you score any points on this selection they will be DOUBLED.
- The “JOKER” points DO NOT count towards L13 Winter/Spring league scores.
- Scoresheets back to the usual e-dresses.
- In the event of a draw, the person with the most CORRECT SCORES will be deemed the winner.
- 1pt for a correct RESULT – i.e. home win, away win, draw.
- 3pts for a correct SCORE – i.e. 1-0, 0-1, 1-1, etc…
- Bonus point for every goal on a correct SCORE involving 3 or more goals EXCEPT 2-1 & 2-2. e.g. 5-0 = 9pts. (1pt for correct RESULT, 3pts for correct SCORE and 1pt for each GOAL = 5pts).
- If your scoresheet isn’t sent in on time, you will automatically be given the 2-0 for every match unless I HEAR OTHERWISE!! No hard luck stories allowed!
- If you’re away/ill and unable to fill in your scoresheet you can…
- Text me your scores (if you know the number!)
- Choose one score for all the matches and tell me.
- Get someone (tip – who likes you!) to do your scores for you.
- Your scores will be added up, the results will be compiled after each round and uploaded onto the website.
Cheers and good luck, Pab.