Predict-a-Score…Lucky 13 Winter 2020
“31 years of guessing…”
IT’S THE LAW – THE LAW OF PREDICT-A-SCORE!
Welcome to P-A-S.
Founded in 1989, when the inaugural competition had just 6 entries, we were armed with photocopies & magic markers – now, in our 31st year, we’ve got an ever-evolving wonder-web site ‘n’ everything!
We regularly get up to at least 90+ players and we’ve once reached the heady heights of 120…imagine?!
So, rope some more people in cos it means more money for the prize fund.
We like that.
Except it’s a little different in a different world this year – there’s no PAS Champions League or PAS Cup rounds for this season as we’re gonna pick up where we left off last season, NEXT season!
Yep, me neither…
However, i’ll do my best to make it very clear what’s occurring before we kick off – promise!
Anyway, here are the rules……
Pay your entry fee (actually, you don’t have to as you’ve already paid ain’t ya!)
Predict the scores of 30 matches covering the Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2 & Scottish Premiership before the kick off time
Sit back, wait for the weekly update & find out if you’ve won that week’s prize for getting the most points…
Easy though, innit!
Need to know a bit more? Like, how much? What games are we predicting? How does the scoring work?
1) Competition entry is £20.00 (you’ve already paid remember!)
2) Weekly prize £20.00
3) “Lucky 13 Winter 2020” will last 13 weeks, commencing on the Friday 25th September 2020 and ending weekend 18th /19th/20th December 2020.
4) The “kitty” of money accumulated additional to the weekly prizes will be shared amongst the Top Ten after Week 13, with the “League Champion” collecting approx. £175 (tbc).
5) 30 matches to predict each week. In the event of postponements, 15 matches have to be played or that week is void and money carried over to the following week.
6) Matches will be all Premier League, Championship & Scottish Premiership games, plus games involving Plymouth Argyle & Harrogate Town in Leagues 1 and 2 respectively.
7) Person with the most points each week wins £20.00
8) In the event of a draw, the person with the most correct scores will be deemed the winner.
9) If two or more people have the same points & correct scores, the weekly prize will be shared equally.
10) 1pt for a correct result – i.e. home win, away win, draw.
11) 3pts for a correct score – i.e. 1-0, 0-1,1-1 etc.
12) A correct score of 3-0, 0-3, 3-1, 1-3 0-0 or 2-2 is worth 5pts (1pt for correct result, 3pts for correct score and 1pt bonus = 5pts)
14) A correct score involving 4 or more goals (except 3-1, 1-3 & 2-2) carries a 1pt bonus for every goal – for example, 5-0 = 9pts (1pt for correct result, 3pts for correct score and 1pt for each goal = 5pts)
15) “Blanket scoring” will be enthusiastically discouraged! Actually, you just can’t do it anymore…so there!
16) Scoresheets will be posted on the predictions page early doors.
17) Any scores submitted after the kick off times will be blocked and you will automatically be given the 2-0 default score for every match missed. If you miss a 12.45 k.o. you can still submit scores for 3pm and if you miss 3pm you can still submit for 5.30pm and so on throughout. No hard luck stories, please. Like northerners, it won’t wash…
18) Your scores will be added up every week and a League table will be compiled and posted online.
19) Set your sights on a Top 32 finish to be one of the elite & qualify for PAS Euro 2021.
Cheers and good luck!