- “Fresh”: He’s seen someone trying to overhaul his “best tally for the season” score so thought he’d better do something about it! Trying to get 80 points in a week was way out the question, but Tony Bowley 41 (6) did manage to smash past Ian P & Tony M to secure the final £20 weekly prize of the season. But did he make the Top Ten? #laterun
- ”Losing My Mind”: They were locked in a battle royale to finish bottom and seemed hell bent on achieving their aim to the extent they cancelled each other out! Norman Lee & Shashi Arora 9 (0) take the final dishonour of the season, but who finished bottom? #trapdoorslide
- Correct Score of the Week: A fine final flurry… most popular score was Everton’s 2-1 win over Southampton – 23 of us got that!
- 7 got the 0-0 at The Keepmoat and seven got the 3-0 between Spurs & Stoke.
- Francesca F/Richard H/IanP got the 0-0 in Wigan and Stephen S & Savan A more got the two-two between Cardiff & Sunderland.
- Reda A & Steve M got the 2-3 for The Blues over The Blues & Whites.Paul Cart got Norwich 0-1 Man Utd and Dan P got the nil-one win for Arsenal at Newcastle.Savan A got Watford’s 0 -0 draw against QPR and Gary B got Hibs 3-0 crushing of Kilmarnock
However, this week’s best correct score and best correct score of the season goes to Gary Blackburne for his I-can’t-believe-this-I-think-i’m-going-to-fai.., Huddersfield 5 Yeovil 1.
Gary has had a bit of trouble with his ticker this Christmas, so hopefully this will warm his cockles (a whole £7!) – get well soon mate you were the highest placed Palace fan!
Bet of the Week:
This week’s 75p trixie went as follows –
Selections: Watford 14% /Middlesbro 14% /Charlton 13%
Prize Slot: 63rd
Ooops – epic fail! Ahh well, this worked very well on the whole (70p up for the season overall!) so we’re sticking with it! Roll on L13S14!
“Everything Has Changed”:
Paul Henshaw stays in top spot to secure the title 6 points ahead of Tony M in 2nd, who in turn finished fourteen points in front of long time leader Pete B in third.
Tony Bowley & Ian Pratt crash the Top Ten with impeccable timing – Tony B was the highest climber too ahead of Savan A, Dan H & Paul V……
“Was It Worth it?”:
Dave Tagger stays bottom to claim the wooden spoon (and it will make a return this season!) two points adrift of Norman L who in turn was 5 points behind Shashi A
Julian F fell furthest just in front of Rob C & Simon Linds……
Congrats to all our winners (and losers – it’s the taking part that counts!) and thanks to you all for playing, being patient & embracing the future. Viva online & mobile!
PAS Champions League 2013/14: Last 16 draw
Two-legs – ties to be played over L13S14 Weeks 1 & 3
Mark Seels v Dan Pelgrom
Pete Britton v Simon Buxton
Sam Arora v Ryan Brady
Kate Hopper v Danny Ashworth
Paul Campbell v Tony Morris
Paul Carter v Neil Templeton
Gareth Morgan v Paul Henshaw
Ben Hogwood v Neil Osborne
The CL tables can be found here
PAS Cup 2014:
In order to be invited to enter the PAS Cup 2013/14 you had to finish in the Top 32 after 13 weeks of play. Sneaking the last spot is…the Stafford terrier Rob Currin!
1st round draw
Mark Seels v Paul Campbell
Sam Arora v Neil Osborne
Danny Ashworth v Jack Buxton
Neil Templeton v Jason Morris
Tony Morris v Nick Hogwood
Julian Fernandez v Jamie Sellers
Scott Harrison v Ian Pratt
Paul Henshaw v Simon Buxton
Ryan Brady v Simon Lindquist
Tony Bowley v Jamie Tofeili
Jon Tofeili v James Challinor
Alex Rossi v Dan Hogwood
Dan Pelgrom v Steve Meaton
Pete Britton v Ryan Graves
Richard Hirst v Pab
Clare Templeton v Rob Currin
ties to be played on w/e January 25th/26th 2014
And Another Thing:
Big big thanks to Dave N & Dan H for all their hard work & commitment to making this groundbreaking season happen – I think we can all agree it was a resounding success (if a little glitchy at the start!).
The boys are so buoyed with confidence right now they’ve come up with PAS Online v2.0 that will be launched in time for the new season.
I’ve been told to tell you the site will be down for a few days whilst the changeover takes place. I’ve seen the new site – it’s bright! But it’s not orange. More red….
That’s it for another season, see you in January!
Oh, you on Twitter yet? Follow us on @PabsPAS and remember to add the #pabpas to see your tweet on the site!
Cheers & Happy New Year!