- “Here Comes Your Man”:
- Just like his team he dropped the “Suso” this season and just his team he immediately started reaping the benefits! In fact he’s gone one better than his team by being on the actual top of the league!
- Ryan “ex-Suso” Graves 38(7) has, ironically, got Everton to thank after they capitulated to Man City despite taking the lead – that 5 pointer edged Ryan 1pt ahead of the hapless Steve M (he had real issues with the new system this week!) who himself was holding off Danny A. Congrats Rhiannon, you’re our first official online winner! #thisishistory
- If you’re gonna fail you might as well fail in the first week eh! Vim Gupta 11 (0) is all alone at the bottom despite Dave T’s best efforts to keep him company. Commiserations Vim, you’re our first online loser! #f*ckhistory
- Correct Score of the Week:
- Quite a few correct scores knocking about (this online malarkey is suiting you!)… most popular score was Man Yoo’s 2-1 win away at Sunderland – 21 of us got that!
- 11 got the 1-3 at Carrow Road and another 11 got the 3-1 between Man City & Everton.
- 4 got the 1-2 at St Andrew’s & four more got the zero-zero between Bury & Newport.
- Julian F/Simon B/Alex R got Forest’s 1 -3 win over Brighton, Gary B/Mark S/Ian P got Charlton 0 Blackpool 0 and Michelle F & Will O got Donny’s 3-0 win over The Foxes.
- Simon Lindq got Hibs’s narrow defeat of Partick.
- Jamie T got Ross County 1 Aberdeen 0.
- Steve T got his team’s inevitable defeat at Derby.
- However, this week’s best correct score and therefore best correct of the season so far, goes to Tony Morris for his Palace-actually-scoring inspired, Liverpool 3 Crystal Palace 1.
- Bet of the Week:
- We had varying degrees of success (actually about 1 degree…) with this last season where the weekly winners used the populist “Goal Rush” method (pick 3, 4 & 5 matches where both teams will hit the net) or the traditional 5 homes, 4 aways & 3 draws.
- So, during the beta-testing at the start of the season we introduced the “BotW” poll for everyone to have a say by using the three most popular selections to form the bet – and guess what?! It worked! Until I got involved with my own money…
- Anyway, we’ve stuck with it and this week’s 75p trixie went as follows –
- Votes: 49
- Selections: Man City 24% /Birmingham 15% /Peterborough 13%
- Prize Slot: 33rd
- Returns: £2.62. Whoo, and indeed, whoo! 40p down, but hey, it’s not the usual £3!
- Don’t forget to cast your vote every week but make sure you do it by 10am on a Saturday (or in Week 2‘s case, 1pm on Friday!)
It’s Week 1 – it is what it is!
Please be aware we may lose some players but we may gain some (especially as Mr 2-0 had a good showing) so if you know anyone out there who wants to get involved, put them in touch!
- PAS Champions League 2013/14:
- Group stages start on Week 2 – fixtures below…
- Group A
Paul Campbell v Tony Bowley
- Clare Templeton v Ryan Brady
- Group B
Neil Osborne v James Challinor
- Gareth Morgan v Paul Vinson
- Group C
Danny Ashworth v Will Oppong
- Stephen Peaston v Pete Britton
- Group D
Paul Carter v Stephen Street
- Simon Buxton v Rich Lee
- Group E
Ryan Graves v Mark Seels
- Paul Henshaw v Simon Lindsay
- Group F
Kate Hopper v Neil Templeton
- Tom Ashford v Steve Meaton
- Group G
Dan Pelgrom v Jamie Sellers
- Neil Meredith v Sam Arora
- Group H
Tony Morris v Ben Hogwood
- Simon Lindquist v Jamie Tofeili
If you’ve got a “home” tie, don’t forget to play your JOKER! I’m reliably informed (yep, even I don’t have privy to the inner sanctum!) that all CL participants will see a “tick box” on the scoresheet so you can indicate clearly your chosen match to play a “joker”…
- PAS Cup 2014:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Cup 2013/14 you will have to finish in the Top 32 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is…Beta-testing champion & top tweeter, James Challinor!
- And Another Thing:
- Lots of payments have come in – thanks! Anyone who hasn’t got round to it, please do as soon as possible – don’t make me chase you!
Gonna be away in future weeks?
Future scoresheets will always be available on the site so while you’ve got time you might as well get some scores down eh?!
Or, why don’t you be ultra-modern and use your phone to submit your scores! Dan H has worked tirelessly to enable & improve access via mobile devices so it’d be rude not to…
That’s it for this week – oh, you on Twitter yet? Follow us on @PabsPAS and remember to add the #pabpas to see your tweet on the site!
ps – please be aware Week 2 kicks off at 5 o’clock on FRIDAY!
pps – a message from Gareth M – “How’s things going? I’ve just launched a new website – may not be everybody’s cup of tea – but thought i’d flag it up to all PAS members – It’s outdoor sports and travel. Running, surfing, climbing, cycling, triathlon, travel, cool photos and interviews, that kind of thing.