- “I will dance the night away”:
- It was that long ago I can’t really remember the drama that unfolded on Week 11! My hunch that our youngest competitor would win came through though, so well done to (baby? toddler?) Mahli Gupta 46(6) the £20 is yours! Spend it wisely sunshine, I think your granddad deserves a pressie…
- “Tell me will I ever learn?”:
- I bet Tony Smith 6(0) was hoping I couldn’t remember what happened in Week 11…
- Correct Score of the Week:
- A proper “Desmond” week… – most popular score was Fulham’s 2-1 win over Newcastle – 23 of you got that!
- Fourteen got the 1-3 at Rugby Park, 12 got the dour draw involving Villa & Stoke and 11 got Chelsea’s 1-3 victory v Sunderland.
- 6 got Charlton 2 Brighton 2, seven got the four goal thriller in Huddersfield
- Howard T / Mahli G / Steve T got the 2-3 between Peterboro & Middlesbro and Jez H / Rowan M / Charlie H got Wycombe 2 Morecambe 2. Rowan M (again!) & Neil M got Wigan’s two two with QPR.
- Louise B got Palace 2 Blackpool 2 & Scott H got Sheff Wed 2 Bristol C 3
- However, this week’s best correct score goes to Scott Harrison for his inspired, West Ham 2 Liverpool 3.
- “You’re a flame that never fades”:
- Steve Meaton stays top the league, but his lead is now a catchable 9 points ahead of Olly O who in turn is 2 points ahead of Dave C in third. Neil O crashes the Top Ten…
- “Burn you out of my mind…”:
- Mr 2-0 stays rooted to the bottom (boo-ha-ha!) of the pile 9 points behind Clare T who in turn is 1 point off Neil B.
- “…the rush is on”:
- Highest climber this week, up a whopping 29 places is Mahli Gupta – honourable mentions go to Scott H (+22), Neil M (+11), Ryan G (+10) and Jez H (+12)
- “Hell – who can sleep in this heat…”:
- Falling furthest this week, down a whopping 17 places is Tony Smith – dishonourable mentions go to Michelle F (-12), Harry B (-15), Rich L (-10) and Savan A (-15)
- PAS Cup 2013:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Cup 2012, you will have to finish in the Top 32 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is… Roberto’s No. 1 fan – Martin Stafford.
- Bet of the Week:
- The “Hitman” missed… thrice!
- And Another Thing:
- Here’s one for the poll from Daniel H…
Hey Pab, we were wondering. You ordinarily give the weekly prize to a tramp if by some chance Mr 2-0 wins it. The question however stands would you give the wooden spoon to one?
Question of the Year??!
Scoresheets back by 19.44 on Friday please.
It’s the final week of the CL group stages and still a lot to be decided!
Matchday 6 fixtures as follows…
- Group A
- Jamie Sellers v Josh Hirst / Dave Crisp v Olly Osmond
- Group B
- Tony Bowley v Nick Hogwood / Louise Briggs v Dan Pelgrom
- Group C
- Gary Mitchell v Savan Arora / Andy Chesworth v Neil Templeton
- Group D
- Jon Tofeili v Pab / Simon Lindquist v Dave Tagger
- Group E
- Pete Britton v Gareth Morgan / Frankie Fernandez v Alex Rossi
- Group F
- Sam Arora v Stuart Longworth / Martin Stafford v Jack Buxton
- Group G
- Stephen Street v Jamie Tofeili / Clare Templeton v Rowan Marriott
- Group H
- Scott Harrison v Simon Lindsay / Danny Ashworth v Simon Buxton
Home people, really don’t forget your Joker, it could make all the difference!