Scoresheets back by 19.44 on Friday please.
It’s the penultimate week of the CL group stages and all to play for (for most) – I’ve spoken to Dave C and he said he’ll be putting in full strength scores and not giving Mr 2-0 a run out despite already qualifying for the knockout stages… unlucky Josh!
Matchday 5 fixtures as follows…
- Group A
- Josh Hirst v Dave Crisp / Jamie Sellers v Olly Osmond
- Group B
- Tony Bowley v Dan Pelgrom / Nick Hogwood v Louise Briggs
- Group C
- Gary Mitchell v Neil Templeton / Savan Arora v Andy Chesworth
- Group D
- Jon Tofeili v Dave Tagger / Pab v Simon Lindquist
- Group E
- Pete Britton v Alex Rossi / Gareth Morgan v Frankie Fernandez
- Group F
- Sam Arora v Jack Buxton / Stuart Longworth v Martin Stafford
- Group G
- Stephen Street v Rowan Marriott / Jamie Tofeili v Clare Templeton
- Group H
- Scott Harrison v Simon Buxton / Simon Lindsay v Danny Ashworth
Home people, really don’t forget your joker, it could make all the difference!
- “The vision of your smiling face”:
- One of the old-skoolers nailed this week’s £20 as, like his team, he turns the screw as we approach the final turn for home! Congrats to Olly Osmond 35(6) who will no doubt let his old mate Neil T know all about it! I expect the missus will be getting a little more than paper roses then Olly?!.
- “All alone in my gloom”:
- He lives out in the desert and I’m guessing the heat has affected his brain – Mark J Brown 6(0) is feeling bluer than Everton right now…
- Correct Score of the Week:
- You’re improving – I’m not… most popular score was Cardiff’s 1-2 win over Barnsley – 25 of you got that!
- Eighteen got the 2-2 at Bloomfield Road and 6 got Morecambe’s 3-1 victory v Wimbledon.
- 7 got St Mirren 3 Dundee 1, four(!) got the five goal thriller in Derby, 4 got the non-thriller in South Wales and eleven got Spurs 3 West Ham 1.
- Frankie F / Dan P / Ryan G got the 1-1 between Everton & Norwich and Howard T & Dave C got Wigan 3 Reading 2. Jamie T & Martin S got Chelsea’s zero zero with Man City.
- Anders H got Hull 0 Burnley 1 & Dave T got Aberdeen’s 0-1 win against Hibs.
- However, this week’s best correct score goes to John Street for his inspired if non-inspiring, Motherwell 0 Hearts 0.
- “Sittin’ in my easy chair”:
- Steve Meaton stays top the league and but his lead is cut to a mere 23 points ahead of Dave C who in turn is 3 points ahead of the Top Ten crashing Olly O in third.
- “It keeps on haunting me”:
- Mr 2-0 stays rooted to the bottom (boo-ha-ha!) of the pile now 9 points behind Clare T who in turn is 1 point off VIm G.
- “I think I see your face lookin’ up”:
- Highest climber this week, up a whopping 16 places is Neil Meredith – honourable mentions go to Stuart F (+14), Gary B (+14), Matt W (+15) and Savan A (+12)
- “Though we’re far apart”:
- Falling furthest this week, down a whopping 11 places is Mark J Brown – dishonourable mentions go to Danny A (-14), Michelle F (-14), Norman L (-10) and Dave N (-11)
- PAS Cup 2013:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Cup 2012, you will have to finish in the Top 32 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is… Roberto’s No. 1 fan – Martin Stafford.
- Bet of the Week:
- As good as the weather…
- And Another Thing:
- Poll or no poll?