We’re off and running (and I wish I hadn’t bothered…)
Champions League people, we start this week – please see below for any details you may have forgotten!
Bumper field this season, let’s not lose anyone!
- “Take me away from this big bad world”:
- I was with him on Saturday at the Reebok and he called a Palace win AND Glen Murray to score first. He also reminisced about “winning one weekly prize in twenty odd years of PAS”. Well, he just won another – Gary Blackburne 34(4) somehow fluked his way to the first weekly prize in a week of off-key scorelines. That’s the beauty of PAS folks, even championship following fools can win! #hewon’tshutupnow
- “And I’m braindead virtually”:
- How I managed to avoid this unwanted accolade I’ll never know – it had to go to someone though and that someone was the good doctor Savan Arora 8(0)! #ouch!
- Correct Score of the Week:
- Not many correct scores knocking about but 25 got Villa 1 WBA 1 making it the most popular correct score this week – 18 got the 3-1 at Goodison and 4 got the 2-2 between Reading & Newcastle. Four got Bristol City 2 Leeds Utd 3 (how?!)
- Olly O got Burnley 2 Millwall 2 & Hearts 1 Kilmarnock 3 (show off!), Neil B got Cardiff’s 3-0 win over The Tangerines and Neil O got Dundee 1 St Johnstone 3.
- However, this week’s best correct score and therefore best correct of the season so far, goes to Reda Allam for his inspired Huddersfield Town 2 Watford 3.
- Bet of the Week:
- We had varying degrees of success with this last season (well, none actually..) and we did try and make it a bit easier to get some money into the spot prize coffers… So, to recap, if you win a week, you can try the popular “Goal Rush” method (pick 3, 4 & 5 matches where both teams will hit the net) or stick to the traditional 5 homes, 4 aways & 3 draws – you decide! Remember you’re trying to add to your £20 winnings and put some money into an allotted spot prize position for those less fortunate than yourself!
- We’ve set aside £3 a week from the entry fees to pay for this so let’s make sure we win it all back and then some! You’re on a roll Gee, give us a winner fella!
- Table News:
- Week 1 table to follow once I’ve worked out if anyone is likely to drop out!
- PAS Champions League 2012/13:
- Starts next week! Matchday 1 fixtures as follows
- Group A
- Josh Hirst v Olly Osmond / Jamie Sellers v Dave Crisp
- Group B
- Nick Hogwood v Dan Pelgrom / Tony Bowley v Louise Briggs
- Group C
- Savan Arora v Neil Templeton / Gary Mitchell v Andy Chesworth
- Group D
- Pab v Matt Gingell / Jon Tofeili v Simon Lindquist
- Group E
- Gareth Morgan v Alex Rossi / Pete Britton v Frankie Fernandez
- Group F
- Stuart Longworth v Jack Buxton / Sam Arora v Martin Stafford
- Group G
- Jamie Tofeili v Rowan Marriott / Stephen Street v Clare Templeton
- Group H
- Simon Lindsay v Simon Buxton / Scott Harrison v Danny Ashworth
If you’re at “home” – don’t forget to play your “joker”!
- PAS Cup 2013:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Cup 2012 you will have to finish in the Top 32 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is… the dismayed Superhoop, Jamie Sellers.
- And Another Thing:
- Lots of payments have come in – thanks! Anyone who hasn’t got round to it, please do as soon as possible – don’t make me chase you!
- Gonna be away in future weeks? Well, from next week you’ll be able to find scoresheets up to and including Week 6 – just visit the webpage (bookmark it!), download and send over in good time!
That’s it for this week.
Week 2 scoresheets back to me by 19.44 on Friday