Last week then and all to play for still! Will Nick H hold on? Will Josh H storm to a stunning victory? Will I win my first league title in 21 years of trying??!
How apt we end the season with a classic Manc derby – scoresheets back by 12.29 on Saturday please!
- “Full of wonder and surprise”:
- In his own words he had his “worst week ever” last week but this week, not only has he topped the points tsunami that is Josh H (86 points in two weeks!!!), he’s also gone and won the second last £20 weekly prize! Olly Osmond 42 (8) is running round like a crazy horse…
- “And just now I realize”:
- A good few debutants get a reality check after the initial “beginners luck” phase – this week it’s the turn of Jack Buxton 7(0) and it’s all but ended his title challenge too – bah!
- Correct Score of the Week:
- Another spartan week… – most popular score was Bristol City 2 Barnsley 0 – 21 of you got that!
- 7 got the 0-0 at Villa Park (phew!), 6 got Newcastle Utd’s 3-0 v Stoke and 8 got Peterboro’s 2-2 against Watford. 5 got the 2-1 in Teesside.
- Will O / Clare T got the 0-3 between The ‘Well and the Bhoys, Craig B got the 5 pointer at Hearts & Sam A got Liverpool 0 WBA 1.
- However, this week’s best correct score goes to Jamie Tofeili for his inspired QPR 1 Sp*rs 0.
- Bet of the Week:
- Another blank week leaves spot prize spot 48th blank too…
- “Now I believe that dreams come true”:
- Nick Hogwood stays top now only 5 points clear of the rampant Josh H who in turn is 2 points ahead of your Host in third as the scrap for prize places is going to be the most exciting for many a season…
- “This just can’t be coincidence”:
- Reda Allam stays bottom of the pile a seemingly unassailable eighteen points behind Vim G who in turn is five points behind Dave N…
- “And my sadness disappears”:
- Highest climber this week, up a whopping 31 places is Olly Osmond – honourable mentions go to Simon Linds (+10), Tony M (+10), Clare T (+10) and Paul V (+13).
- “Clouds just disappear”:
- Falling furthest this week, down a whopping 12 places is Mark Seels – dishonourable mentions go to Jack B (-8), Scott H (-9), Louise B (-11) and Jason M (-9).
- PAS Champions League 2011/12:
- Congrats to our two finalists who both went through quite comprehensively – full results attached. Losers – the money is on the way…
- PAS Cup 2011/12:
- The Final between Neil Templeton & Gareth Morgan will take place on w/e May 4/5/6
- PAS Euro 2012:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Euro 2012 (and pay a reduced entry fee of £10 for the whole tournament!) you will have to finish in the Top 16 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is… Toon! Toon!, Jon Tofeili.
- PAS Champions League 2012/13:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Champions League 2012/13 you will have to finish in the Top 32 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is… the heiress, Francesca Fernandez.
- And Another Thing:
- Euro 12 qualification – a clarification!
- If you finish in the Top 16 come end of play on Week 13, you will invited to play PAS Euro 12 for a mere £10 AND you will be “drawn” a team that will earn you 1pt for each goal they score in the tournament. If you finish outside the Top 16, you can still play, but it’ll cost you £15 and you obviously won’t be allocated a team to earn you extra points… there’s £100 in the pot already so well worth getting involved either way eh?!