- “So you find a way to take a little with you”:
- A pretty miserable week of predicting due to mad results and horrid weather. However, Nick Hogwood 32 (6) will say otherwise as he charted his way successfully past his nearest rival to the £20 prize with a lot of thanks going to Man Citeh’s 0-1 at Villa on the last game of the weekend. I suggest you stick that lot on Norwich Nick…
- “We knew we only had a little while”:
- A pretty miserable week of predicting due to mad results and horrid weather – “we agree!” say Reda Allam & Mahli Gupta 8(0) for obvious reasons.
- Correct Score of the Week:
- Another round of fine predicting? – most popular score was Reading’s 2-0 win over Coventry – 31 of us got that!
- 7 got the 2-0 at Goodison, 4 got Millwall’s 0-0 v Derby and 4 got AFC Bournemouth’s 0-0 away at Hartlepool. Three got the stalemate at St Mirren Park.
- Sam A & Pete B got the 1-4 between Dunfermline & Rangers and Simon Linds & Alex R got Swansea 2 Norwich 3.
- Dave N & Rob C got Hull City 3 Bristol City 0 and Neil T & Nick H got Villa 0 City 1.
- Craig B got Leeds’ woeful result at home to Brighton.
- However, this week’s best correct score, and new correct score of the season, goes to Rowan Marriott for his inspired Blackburn 3 QPR 2.
- Bet of the Week:
- Some things never change and Simon Lindq chose to keep it that way by electing to snub the recommended “Goal Rush” to win exactly £0. Oh dear…
- “To have it all and still want more”:
- Matt Gingell hits top and goes alphabetically clear of Simon Lindq who in turn is 3 points ahead of Nick H in third.
- “In the end nothing comes easy”:
- Ooops! Reda Allam goes down 4 places to the bottom of the pile four points behind Mahli G who in turn is three points behind Andy C.
- “In the middle keep ticking over”:
- Highest climber this week, up a whopping 37 places is Pete Britton – honourable mentions go to Nick H (+21), Dave C (+29), Dave T (+20), Simon Linds (+34), Jason M (+30) and Isaac A (+25)
- “And we go back to where we came from”:
- Falling furthest this week, down a whopping 34 places is Dan Pelgrom – dishonourable mentions go to Savan A (-21), Stuart L (-22), Olly O (-21), Louise B (-31), Paul H (-23), Andy C (-22) and Mahli G (-28)
- PAS Champions League 2011/12:
- The knock out stages are off and running – see CL2011-12 for full round up. It was a pretty even contest all round bar one tie and there seems to be a scant regard for “jokers” creeping in…
- PAS Euro 2012:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Euro 2012 (and pay a reduced entry fee of £10 for the whole tournament!) you will have to finish in the Top 16 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is…still, new boy, Jack Buxton.
- PAS Champions League 2012/13:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Champions League 2012/13 you will have to finish in the Top 32 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is…Ledsonian “App King”, Steve Tagger.
- And Another Thing:
- Not paid yet?! Get your payment across as soon as please! The list of shame will be published next week…
Oh. If a game is postponed before you send your scoresheet in, please don’t mark it up P-P as the matrix can’t cope with letters! If you could just leave it blank (or put the score you thought it would’ve been) it’d be most appreciated…
A cautionary tale (part 743) – do not attempt to do your scoresheet when you’re dying from a hangover as a result from your first session after a month’s “detox”. Especially when a 3 year old wants “to help”. And when your missus doesn’t know how to save a Word doc… Why? Cos you’ll end up sending the wrong scores out, that’s why! As you will have seen from my last email, I included Mrs F’s scores (albeit with Frankie’s name at the bottom – don’t ask…) and didn’t realise until last night after the Villa game. Rules is rules though, and I have to take the Mr 2-0 score as part of the punishment for being a tardy fool. On the brightside though, I earned one whole extra point! And even brighter, the fact that Norwich won at Swansea, I now earn £25 for every point Norwich collect for the rest of the season – come on you yelllllllllllllllllllowwwwwwws!