- “I’ll take some more”:
- He’s probably in 58ft of snow as we speak and he’s had a blinder of a weekend what with Sp*rs & Man City losing! Anders Hoglund 34(6) just pipped Matt W by one correct score to collect this week’s £20. Congrats to the Viking Gooner, he’s got enough crowns now to buy, ooh, at least 2 pints at his local (and one of those amazing hot dogs!)! Skol!
- “Will I still survive”: As my nosedive into the abyss known as PAS oblivion continues apace, I can take sweet solace in someone from (dirty) Leeds faring worse than me… for this week at least. Dave Tagger 8(0), I thank you!
- Correct Score of the Week:
- Surprisingly good predicting this week… – most popular score was Sunderland 2 Blackburn 1 – 24 of you got that!
- Dan P/Craig B/Martin S got Southampton’s 2-2 against Blackpool, Tony S/Howard T/Steve T got the 4-1 between Man Utd and The Old Gold, Anders H & Gary B got Millwall 0 Cardiff City 0, 4 got Aberdeen 2-2 St Mirren, Rob C & Craig B (again!) got the 5 pointer 0-3 involving St Johnstone and Motherwell and 6 got the 2-1 between Chelsea & Man City.
- Anders H (again!) got the 0-1 at Turf Moor & Dave C got the delightful 2-1 in the Potteries…
- However, this week’s best correct score goes to Matt Worsfold for his inspired Inverness CT 2 Dundee Utd 3.
- “precious few”:
- Shaun Backhouse stays top of the league, but his lead has been cut to a really catchable 5 points by Norman L, who in turn, is 2 points ahead of Paul V in third. Jamie S has given himself a real chance of glory and heads the chasing pack only 11 points off the top. Steve T crashes the Top 10…
- “Nothings last forever”:
- Michelle Fernandez stays at the bottom of the pile now only 4 points behind Ben H, who in turn, is 4 correct scores behind Mark J B.
- “When I turn the corner”:
- Highest climber this week, up a whopping 17 places is Anders Hoglund – honourable mentions go to Matt W (+16), Mahli G (+11), Tony S (+10), Nick H (+11) and Martin S (+11).
- “Maybe we should try”:
- Falling furthest this week, down a whopping 10 places is Dave Tagger – dishonourable mentions go to Simon B (-7), Jason M (-9), Andy C (-8), Louise B (-9) and Moi (-8)
- PAS Cup 2012:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Cup 2012, you will have to finish in the Top 32 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is… comedy Cheshire cat – Neil Meredith.
- Bet of the Week:
- Olly O reverted to form meaning it’s only a fiver on spot prize position 33rd…
- PAS Champions League 2011/12:
- Matchday 6 fixtures as follows – Norman Lee & Jamie Sellers (so far the only confirmed group winners) will be trying to complete a perfect qualification whilst Ben Hogwood, Will Oppong & myself will be praying to avoid a sixth consecutive group stage defeat and become the PAS Villareal…
- All to play for in Groups B (wide open with all four in with a chance!), C (who will join Neil Meredith in the knockpout stages?),E (Tony Bowley or Jazz Sian or a wonder result from Mahli Gupta!) & H (Mark Fawke needs a big turnaround in his match with Rich Lee to progress).
- In Group A the top two go vis-a-vis for top spot, and likewise in Groups F & G. Clare Templeton will be hoping for a favour from me in Group D!
- Group A
- Jason Morris v Stuart Longworth / Olly Osmond v Tony Morris
- Group B
- Josh Hirst v Neil Osborne / Richard Hirst v Shaun Backhouse
- Group C
- Nick Hogwood v Neil Meredith / Matt Gingell v Danny Ashworth
- Group D
- Neil Templeton v Pab / Clare Templeton v Dan Pelgrom
- Group E
- Norman Lee v Jazz Sian / Mahli Gupta v Tony Bowley
- Group F
- Jamie Tofeili v Rob Currin / Jon Tofeili v Michelle Fernandez
- Group G
- Ben Hogwood v Pete Britton / Dave Nicklin v Scott Harrison
- Group H
- Rich Lee v Mark Fawke / Will Oppong v Jamie Sellers
- And Another Thing:
We can’t afford to be innocent,
Stand up and face the enemy,
It’s a do or die situation,
We will be invincible.
It took 19 years for Pat B’s words to be made real in England’s top division (Preston North who?) and every year, Gooners celebrate the day this feat cannot be matched – maybe another £80 gazillion will do it for you next year Citeh, maybe next year…