No PAS this week due to the Euro play-offs and the fact that we can’t pin a poppy on the scoresheets…
This means everything is pushed back by one week, so you’ll have festive Week 13 to look forward to!
- “here we go again”:
- “Fog on the, um, Tay’s all mine, all mine…” could be heard chiming from the streets of L3 as Sean Peers 40 (5) had the weather to thank for bagging him £20. Congrats Sean, but you might want to give it those more deserving – Mr Moyes?
- “…isn’t that enough”:
- After reaching the heady heights of the Top Ten, Sam Arora 13 (0) got a nosebleed…
- Correct Score of the Week:
- Not as many as you’d think got nabbed… – most popular score was The Toon’s 2-1 win over Everton – 28 of us got that!
- 26 got the 3-0 at Ashburton Grove, 8 got Peterboro’s 3-2 v Derby and 12 got Ranger’s (94th minute! Grrr!) 3-1 against Dundee United.
- Seven got the 0-0 between St Mirren & Hearts, 6 got Wolves 3 Wigan 1and 13 got Sp*rs 1-3 at Craven Cottage.
- Louise B & Reda A got Pompey’s win over Forest and Martin S nailed Swansea’s 0-0 away to Liverpool.
- However, this week’s best correct score goes to Gareth Morgan for his inspired, Aston Villa 3 Norwich City 2.
- “…i am in control”:
- Shaun Backhouse maintains some fine form and stays top the league, extending his lead to a massive 23 points ahead of Paul V, who in turn, is 4 points ahead of Norman L in third.
- “could it be that time has taken it’s toll”:
- Jon Tofeili stays bottom of the pile now 13 points behind Jez H, who in turn, is 6 correct scores behind Josh H.
- “…take you so far”:
- Highest climber this week, up a whopping 27 places is Sean Peers – honourable mentions go to Steve T (+12), Paul H (+13), Julian F (+17) and Simon Lindq (+15).
- “no one lives there anymore”:
- Falling furthest this week, down a whopping 12 places is Ellen Fernandez/Mark Grey – dishonourable mentions go to Sam A (-11), Simon Linds (-11), Savan A (-11), Martin S (-11), Nick H (-11) and Francesca F (-11)
- PAS Cup 2012:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Cup 2012, you will have to finish in the Top 32 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is… the chirpy magpie – Dave Nicklin.
- Bet of the Week:
- Get Carter! We won! Four aways in the bag @ 8/1 earned Paul C another £4 and BotW spot prize slot 33rd a nice little fiver! The Unstoppable nearly doubled up on his home selections only for the Tractor Boys to capitulate to the bottom placed side in the Championship – boo!
- PAS Champions League 2011/12:
- Matchday 4 fixtures as follows:
- Group A
- Tony Morris v Stuart Longworth / Olly Osmond v Jason Morris
- Group B
- Shaun Backhouse v Neil Osborne / Richard Hirst v Josh Hirst
- Group C
- Danny Ashworth v Neil Meredith / Matt Gingell v Nick Hogwood
- Group D
- Dan Pelgrom v Pab / Clare Templeton v Neil Templeton
- Group E
- Tony Bowley v Jazz Sian / Mahli Gupta v Norman Lee
- Group F
- Michelle Fernandez v Rob Currin / Jon Tofeili v Jamie Tofeili
- Group G
- Scott Harrison v Pete Britton / Dave Nicklin v Ben Hogwood
- Group H
- Jamie Sellers v Mark Fawke / Will Oppong v Rich Lee
- And Another Thing:
- Unlike Blue Peter & Jimmy Saville (RIP) who tried, I DO read every comment sent in, and very nice most of them are too! This one though, is a classic…
And Caesar’s spirit, raging for revenge, With Ate by his side come hot from hell, Shall in these confines with a monarch’s voice, Cry “Havoc!” and let slip the dogs of scores!
PS – congrats to Rowan M on the birth of his son Jack Huckleberry (middle name of the year??!) – shame he’ll grow up Citeh…
PPS – watch out for the return of the famous PAS Poll – coming your way soon!