Don’t. Push. Me. Cos. I’m. Close. To. The. Edge…
Woeful week for football (well me anyway) – and it’s “marmite” week for Week 3!
If you haven’t paid yet, you really need to mes amigos…
- “I have all that I need…”:
- Many moons ago the Board sat down in PAS Towers (original Sarf London innit address) and had one of those “what if..” discussions. “What if someone ran off with all the entry money?” “What if someone actually could prove Jazz Sian doesn’t exist and our scam was up?” “What if girls wanted to play?” to name but a few. Another was “What if Mr 2-0 won a week?” Hmmmm. “It’ll never happen this millennium – now stop worrying and fetch me another one those Guinness & double port cocktails… ” I probably hiccupped. Well, I was right but it has actually happened this millennium – this week in fact! Mr 2-0, after years of derision and the occasional lower-end spot prize win, has scooped the £20. The six lackadaisical PASers (including a Board member!) will probably lay claim to £2.86, but f*ck them, there can be no reward for tardiness! And anyway, we said back then that anything Mr 2-0 wins will go to the first homeless person we see, and we’ve always stuck by that. So, prepare for some YouTube footage of me making five jakeys dance like performing bears to fix their chosen habit for, oooh, at least a day…
- “Tell me what’s wrong with my brain”:
- Oh dear! We thought he had a ’mare last week but then we doubled checked and it was actually us who had the ’mare! Alas, Josh Hirst 9(0) definitely really absolutely has had a ’mare in Week 2 – sorry Josh!
- Correct Score of the Week:
- Another round of fine predicting – most popular score was Villa’s 2-0 win over Wigan – 32 of us got that!
- 6 got the 0-2 at Goodison, 5 got Palace’s 2-2 v West Ham and 6 got AFC Wimbledon’s 3-1 against Gillingham.
- Jamie T / Neil B / Andy C got the 0-4 between Blackburn & Man City and Rowan M / Neil B (again!) / Andy C got Sunderland 2 West Brom 2.
- Gary B / Neil O / Mahli G got Ipswich Town 3 Brighton & HA 1 and Reda A / Dave C got Peterboro 1 Doncaster 2.
- Jamie T (again!) / Howard T / Tony B got the 5 points on offer at Reading and Paul C / Simon B / Danny B filled their boots courtesy of Motherwell’s 1-3 at Tannadice.
- Norman L / Charlie H got Forest’s woeful result at home to Birmingham.
- However, this week’s best correct score goes to Ellen Fernandez for her very brave Kilmarnock 1 St Johnstone 2.
- Bet of the Week:
- Some things never change and yep, you guessed it, the curse of the weekly winner failing to win us some money strikes again! Paul V crashed and burned on all three fronts… can Mr 2-0 do any better??!
- “I, I can’t take things slowly”:
- Paul Vinson stays top and goes 8 points clear of Ellen F who in turn is 3 points ahead of Vim G in third.
- “Please, please come and save me”:
- Ooops! Mark Seels goes down 4 places to the bottom of the pile three points behind Matt W & Rowan M.
- “I try so hard to be happy”:
- Highest climber this week, up a whopping 40 places is Mat Jackson – honourable mentions go to Dave N (+34), Mark J B (+36), Mr 2-0 (+36), Toby S (+37), Jamie T (+38) and Steve T (+39)
- “’Cause something goes wrong once again”:
- Falling furthest this week, down a whopping 44 places is Francesca Fernandez – dishonourable mentions go to Sean P (-32), Will O (-38), Paul H (-31), Gareth M (-30), Martin S (-33) and Josh H (-41)
- PAS Champions League 2011/12:
- We’re off and running (well, some are…) – see attached for full round up by clicking on the “current” tab
- PAS Cup 2012:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Cup 2012 you will have to finish in the Top 32 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is… new boy, Simon Buxton.
- And Another Thing:
- Not paid yet?! Get your payment across as soon as please! The list of shame will be published next week…
Gonna be away in future weeks? Well, you’ll be able to find scoresheets up to and including Week 6 on this very site!