- “And we used to think it was impossible”:
- You may well know that Adele’s omnipresent album is named after her years, but it could easily be a collection of paeans dedicated to one PASer who has had to wait 21 years for his first weekly win. Yep, stand up Gary Blackburne 31 (5) your long wait is over mi amigo – and just to put a cherry on top, that injury time Norwich goal meant that you edged out a pair of Fernandezs’s (Fernandezi?) in the process! Congrats, £20 to spend a on a few plastic bottles you “lost” at QPR or a Doogie cup n saucer set (or whatever tat they’re passing off as merch in the Palace shop these days…)?
- “After all that we’ve been through”:
- Another fairly unpredictable week tripped up this pair – Howard Thomas & Vim Gupta 10(0) are probably not that bothered really as they haven’t lost *that* much ground overall… the lucky gits!
- Correct Score of the Week:
- Man it was desperate… – most popular score was St Mirren’s 1-1 with Aberdeen – 16 of you got that! 8 got the 3-1 at Carrow Road, 5 got Dundee U’s 2-2 v Motherwell and Gary B & Martin S got Stockport County’s (see, Andy C! County!) 0-0 against Burton Albion. Julian F & Will O got the 0-3 between Scunthorpe & Leicester and Mark J B (ever seen him and Chicarito in the same room?!) & Olly O got Derby Co 2 Swansea City 1. However, this week’s best correct score goes to Yours Truly for his inspired and fairly obvious in my eyes as Boro shipped five the week before, Portsmouth 0 Middlesbrough 0.
- PAS Cup:
- Results for the Quarter Finals attached – you may, like me, vomit at the sight of one particular points tally someone went through on… Losing QFs, consolation for your pain is some money!
- “Everything is going right”:
- Gary Blackburne moves up 5 places to go 5 points ahead of Scott H who in turn is 1 point ahead of Neil O in third.
- “It’s hard to remember how it felt before”:
- Charlie Harris slips to the bottom of the pile 1 point behind Tony S who in turn is 12 letters of the alphabet behind Vim G!
- “So far from where we’ve been”:
- Highest climber this week, up a whopping 13 places is Ellen Fernandez – honourable mentions go to Pete B (+10), Pab (+8), Olly O (+7) and Rich L (+10).
- “…all the obstacles”:
- Falling furthest this week, down a whopping 13 places (again!) is Richard Hirst – dishonourable mentions go to Danny A (-10), Jon A (-10), Neil T (-10) and Sam A (-10)
- PAS Champions League 2011/12:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Champions League 2011/12, you will have to finish in the Top 32 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is… Watford’s own – Richard Lee.
- And Another Thing:
- We’ll stick with the Arsenal this week as it’s a kind of sick catharsis for me… Sam A (who I think is Sp*rs and obviously feeling like a pig in sh*t currently…) sent this over for my perusal –
Stats gurus Opta have kept detailed records for eight years and the Gunners have recorded a miserable new low. An Opta spokesman said: “There have been 981 Champions League games since 2003-04 and Arsenal are the first of 1,962 sides not to manage a shot of any form in a match since then.”