- “So rolling out my best…”:
- Man, what a torrid week eh? I mean, it was so bad I dreamt we lost to a team from Birmingham in the last minute of a Cup Final…what? Oh. One fella who had a dream week was Dan Pelgrom 40 (6) who really put a marker down in a week where most players struggled to hit 20 points – well done Dan, you’ve got Fabio to thank for your £20…
- “…you left the room”:
- I fear the sibling rivalry banter will be fierce let alone the barracking the “syndicate” are probably handing out at this very moment – Jason Morris 7(0) is our biggest loser in a week of many losers…
- Correct Score of the Week:
- Not that bad considering – most popular score was Bristol City’s 2-0 win over Scunthorpe – 16 of you got that (including the disciples of Mr 2-0)! 6 got the 4-0 at Ibrox, Jamie T / Dan P / Mark F got Man Yoo’s 0-4 v Wigan and Martin S / Clare T / Mark S got Millwall’s 0-0 against Nottm Forest. Pete B & Neil O got the 0-3 between Middlesbro & QPR and Vim G & Neil O (again!) got (sob) Arsenal 1 Birmingham City 2. However, this week’s best correct score goes to Stuart Longworth for his inspired, albeit dour, Aberdeen 0 Hearts 0.
- “…told you how it’s going to be”:
- Neil Osborne moves up 13 places to go 3 points ahead of Dan P who in turn is 4 points ahead of Mahli G in third.
- “…clinging onto the ground”:
- Charlie Harris stays bottom of the pile 4 points behind Danny B who in turn is one point behind Vim G & Paul H.
- “I turn myself around”:
- Highest climber this week, up a whopping 25 places is Dan Pelgrom – honourable mentions go to Dave N (+15), Neil M (+16), Martin S (+19) and Mr 2-0 (+15)
- “…every time the plan spins”:
- Falling furthest this week, down a whopping 19 places is Danny Ashworth – dishonourable mentions go to Matt G (-14), Jazz S (-17), Nick H (-14), Me (-14), Jason M (-18) and Paul H (-14)
- PAS Champions League 2011/12:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Champions League 2011/12, you will have to finish in the Top 32 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is… current champ – Shaun Backhouse.
- And Another Thing:
- Only a handful of you signed up to Pete Britton’s fantastic season long “Dream Team” competition (get signed up for next season kids – it’s only a £5!) so would have missed weekly insights such as this…
“Nearly didn’t make it tonight. I was on my way home from work today and this guy was in my way so I smashed him in the side of his head with my elbow. There was a cop standing on the corner but luckily for me he didn’t see the incident. Unluckily for me, the whole thing got caught on CCTV. So, I was marched off to the station. The Chief Inspector looked at the CCTV footage and decided that yes, I had clearly deliberately smashed this guy in the side of the head. However, unbelievably, as there was a policeman in the vicinity, I was let off on a technicality. Even though he clearly didn’t see it. As I said, unbelievable. If you didn’t know better you’d think that my dad was best mates with either the copper or the chief of police (or both) … No, but seriously folks – how can Rooney be allowed to get away with that?! Clattenburg is a blatant liar – he clearly didn’t see the incident – that’s why he shrugged his shoulders at the time. And the FA refuse to stand up to Ferguson and United … again. Spleen vented… for now.”