- “Walking 'round the room singing…”:
- Back in 1989 I started PAS just to mug off my then work colleagues cos I knew more about footy than they did. How? Cos I pored over results, stats, tables, form etc for mere pleasure and used this to take money off unsuspecting “victims”. As PAS snowballed to become what it is today, I’ve found myself second in the all-time earners chart (a poor second behind the Jazzenator mind) so my ambitions were realised on an even grander scale! However, over the last few seasons my “knowledge” isn’t paying dividends thanks to unpredictable English & Scottish leagues and a new breed of PASers are reaping the rewards! Yes, Michelle Fernandez 38(6) has won her 3rd £20 in two seasons thanks to her “you read out the fixtures and I’ll think of a score” technique that takes all over 80 seconds to complete… I want to weep. And we lost to Sp*rs…..
- “Things ain't cooking in my kitchen”:
- Things are looking up though as my little daughter Frankie Fernandez 10 (1) is obviously taking after her dad and studying form to ill effect as well! Actually, as her nan does her scores, does that mean I take after my mum??!
- Correct Score of the Week:
- I hate football…. – most popular score was Blackpool 2 Wolves 1 – 22 of you got that score! 6 got Derby’s 3-2 against Scunthorpe, 6 got the 3-1 between QPR and The Lilywhites, 7 got Liverpool 3 West Ham 0 and 6 got the 2-2 between Sunderland & Everton… Jamie T got Kilmarnock 2 Rangers 3 and Tony S got Sheff Utd 3 Palace 2. Neil B got the 0-1 at the Riverside. However, this week’s best correct score goes to Vim Gupta for his inspired Celtic 1 Dundee Utd 1.
- Bet of the Week:
- Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, so close but so Huddersfield….
- “…conquer the blue sky”:
- Shaun Backhouse stays top now a quite a big 35 points ahead of the Tony M with Charlie H is a further 4 points behind in third. Dave N moves into the Top Ten intent on making money for a Toon top with “Carroll” on the back for his bairn…
- “…going nowhere on the mantlepiece”:
- Savan Arora stays to the bottom 2 points adrift of Catriona J. Neil B is only four points further up as the battle royale at the foot of the table continues…
- “Well, it's the same room, but everything's different”:
- Highest climbers this week, up a whopping 22 places is Michelle Fernandez – honourable mentions go to Mr 2-0 (+10), Olly O (+10), Simon Lindq (+10) and Mark D-S-C (+9).
- “Strange affliction wash over me”:
- Falling furthest this week, down a whopping 13 places is Francesca Fernandez -dishonourable mentions go to Anders H (-11), Mark G (-11), Mark G (-10), Howard T (-8), Stephen S (-8), Ben H (-9), Gary B (-8) and Vicki O (-9)
- PAS Cup 2011:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Cup 2011(and pay a reduced entry fee!) you will have to finish in the Top 32 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is… El Presidente, Moi!
- And Another Thing:
- 17 years – as long as they don’t do the same to us in the CL…