- “I don’t mean to brag or boast just to tell ya I’m great”:
- Absolutely smashing the opposition and he had a chance to get the best tally this season, Anders Hoglund 44 (8) takes the weekly prize. Not sure how far £20 will go in Gothenburg, but if he doesn’t spend the dosh on young George, I know a great little mini-golf course he can wile the hours away on…
- “You can’t talk because you suffer from paralysis”:
- Not even your team humiliating your nearest neighbours can take the pain away from scoring 8 (0)…yes, Geordie Dave Nicklin, it’s you!
- Correct Score of the Week:
- Tuff week if you’re not a Viking! – most popular score was Barnsley 1 Hull 1 & Portsmouth 2 Nottm Forest 1 – 15 of you got one or both those scores! 6 got Celtic’s 0-3 against St Johnstone, 6 got the 3-1 between Cardiff and The Canaries and 5 got Villa 0 Brum 0… Vim G & Andy C got Palace 0 Swansea 3, Charlie H got Middlesbro 1 Bristol C 2 and Jessica H got Rangers 1 Inverness C T 1. However, this week’s best correct score goes to Anthony Yearwood for his inspired Wolves 2 Man City 1.
- Bet of the Week:
- Mark F spat his dummy out when I banned his proposed “Canadian” and failed to submit any selections – the good news is that spot prize slot 42nd now has a whole £3 against it!
- “So be quiet and let an educator teach this”:
- Shaun Backhouse stays top now 9 points ahead of Andrew D and these two continue pulling away from the chasing pack as Neil M is a further 11 points behind in third. Tony B moves into the Top Ten intent on keeping his title…
- “Cause you’re an eight track tape and I’m a compact disc”:
- Mark Shakespeare remains bottom now 5 points adrift of Vim G. Simon Lindq & Savan A are only four points further up as the battle royale at the foot of the table continues!
- “I’m like Fats Domino, up on Blueberry Hill”:
- Highest climber this week, up a whopping 27 places is Anders Hoglund – honourable mentions go to Tony B (+13), Mark G (+13), Dan P (+13) and Mr 2-0 (+11).
- “From the battles I’ve been havin’ with the smart and the dumb”:
- Falling furthest this week, down a whopping 14 places is Dave Nicklin – dishonourable mentions go to Dave C (-11), Andy C (-13), Mark Se (-12), Louise B (-11) and Mark D-S-C (-13)
- PAS Cup 2011:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Cup 2011 (and pay a reduced entry fee!) you will have to finish in the Top 32 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is…the music man, Mark Grey.
- And Another Thing:
- That goal couldn’t have happened to a nicer team….