- “You are the star, win the applause”:
- We nearly had a debutant winning in his first week! Jez H was leading all the way until Sunday lunchtime when a fine Bolton display earned a 2-2 draw to scupper his haughty claims. All good then for Dave Crisp 30 (4) who stole in to take the £20 weekly prize – put it this way, Mr Crisp’s hungover presence at the Emirates on Saturday leads me to believe his money won’t be spent on booze…
- “You should know the score, you should know the score by now”:
- It was a random week for scores (not sure how I managed 20 points!) and Dan Pelgrom 6 (0) felt it more random than most… get it out the way early doors Dan!
- Correct Score of the Week:
- Despite what appeared to be a random week, quite a few of you did alright, you show offs – 10 got the 3-0 at Loftus Road, 5 got Fulham’s stalemate with Everton and 5 got Liverpool’s 2-2 with Sunderland. Julian F & Frankie F got Birmingham 0 Wigan 0, Stuart L (fine debut Stu!) & Howard T got West Ham 1 Sp*rs 0, Mark G & Cat J got Nottm For 3 Swansea 1 and Scott A (welcome back Scotty!) & Neil M got Reading 3 Barnsley 0. Andy C/Jez H/Cat J got the “desmond” at Hamilton, Dave C & Jamie S got Man Yoo’s two-two at the Reebok and Gareth M & Tony M (welcome onboard Tony – nice 9 points!) got Aberdeen 2 Rangers 3. Michelle F got Stoke’s surprise win at the Toon and Scott A got Watford 3 Boro 1. However, this weeks best correct score and therefore best correct of the season so far, goes to Jessica Hirst for her inspired Burnley 0 Bristol City 0. So, are you smarter than a 6 year old?!
- Bet of the Week:
- First up will be my old mucker Crispy – we had varying degrees of success with this last season but I’ll try and make it a bit easier to get some money into the spot prize coffers… If you win a week you’ll be asked to provide 3 home win accumulators this season – 6 homes, 7 homes and 8 homes. I’m guessing the logical way to do this is to pick 8 and then whittle one away for 7 and then another for your 6, but, hey, you can do what you want – just remember though you’re trying to add to your £20 winnings and put some money into an allotted spot prize position for those less fortunate than yourself! We’ve set aside £3 a week from the entry fees to pay for this so let’s make sure we win it all back and then some!
- PAS Cup 2011:
- In order to be invited to enter the PAS Cup 2011(and pay a reduced entry fee!) you will have to finish in the Top 32 after 13 weeks of play. Currently sneaking the last spot is… my fantasy friend, Pete Britton.
- And Another Thing:
- Lots of payments have come in – thanks! Anyone who hasn’t got round to it, please do as soon as possible – don’t make me chase you!
Other news, Dave N who deals with all the science stuff behind PAS, is busy looking after his new bairn and developing the site to include (gasp!) an online scoresheet! I’ve tried the prototype and it’s like a dream (no faffing with Word docs for a start!) – I’ll keep you posted on when you can join in the fun but in the meantime, I may call on a few of you to do some road-testing.
Gonna be away in future weeks? Well, from Thursday you’ll be able to find scoresheets up to and including Week 6, download and send over in good time!
That’s it for this week – oh, we got any Baggies fans playing? You were good on Saturday and Di Matteo is the man – You.Are.Staying.Up!