- Classic nail biting finish to the season sees Jamie Tofeili bring some cheer to Geordieland by clinching the title by two points from Dave Crisp who just like his equine namesake, just ran out of steam in the last stretch. Well done Jamie, you’re now 7th in the all time top scores and make sure you shake your wad at your bruv! Unlucky Dave – take some consolation in that you had the most correct scores over the season (I think we’ll start to reward that next season) and were the first player to record a hat-trick of weekly wins AND the fact you finished a close 2nd after a recording a score of 4 points in one week is a feat in its self! Jason Morris kept the “syndicate” happy with a credible third (as did Mark Seels back in 6th). Neil Templeton has some “nappy” money in the bank at 4th and also carries off the “best correct score of the season” with his amazing St. Mirren 1 Celtic 0 (remember, just a week before was a 7-0 reverse!). El Presidente has 5th place to take his mind off just missing out on a Cup Final (me and Arsenal in negative symbiosis?!). Jon Tofeili makes it a family affair in the Top Ten by finishing 7th and newcomer Rob Hathorn capped a fine debut with an 8th place finish and two weekly wins. As Danny Ashworth (9th) is Frankie’s uncle, it’s only right he spends his winnings on her and Shaun Backhouse sneaked in the back door to prevent another debutant winning any money in 10th.
- Damn and blast! Mr.2-0 escaped the ultimate humiliation by virtue of 2 correct scores leaving Will Oppong this season’s wooden spooner. So close Will, so close! Anders Hoglund ended up the lowest finisher (42nd) of our overseas friends and Sweden now mourns while Singapore and Dubai celebrate wildly (obviously!)
- Highest climber this week is Mark J Brown up 9 places to 26th. Honourable mentions for Danny A (+4), Francesca F (+4), Ben H (+7), Mark S (+4) and Jamie S (+6)
- Falling furthest this week is Gareth Morgan down 14 places to 35th – dishonourable mentions for Louise B (-4), Greg E (-6), Lisa G (-4), Dave N (-8) and Dan P (-5).
- Spot Prizers:
- OK, it’s Week 13, you HAVE won these prizes! Tony Smith has to make do with all those, ahem, lovely promos in 11th (getting 32 points in the final week and still going down 2 places is a bit of a sickener!), Jon Allin and his notorious 0-0s shows that crime does actually pay in13th (+2), and Dave Nicklin has yet again encouraged the “it’s a fix! he’s on the Board!” mob with an unlikely finish at 33rd (-8)
Thanks again for taking part – it’s been a pleasure!
We’ll be back in September for the official 20th anniversary “season” so make sure you spread the word over the long hot summer – if everyone can get at least one more person to play we’ll have a memorable 13 weeks – I’ll do my best to rally the old skool players who have fallen by the wayside – I WANT to break that 120 entries barrier!
There will be rule changes, new features and website news coming your way as and when, so keep a “bookmark” on the webpage as Dave N will be beavering away to bring it all up-to-date and nice and shiny and polished (there’s rumours of an “online” score entry feature – imagine that!)
We’ve just got the PAS Cup Final to be decided between Jazz Sian and Lisa Grey (will Lisa be the first girl to win the Cup? Will Jazz take his career earnings to double that of his nearest rival?) and you’ll be duly updated…
All “prize winners” will receive their money this week.
Adios amigos – have great summer, make sure you come back in September!