- Wor Alan:
- Whoah! Where did that come from?? Shhhurely an April’s Fool! But no! Dave Crisp 60 (10) really did record the second highest weekly score ever (and from a man who can get the lowest weekly score too! In the same season! Dontcha just luv PAS?!) A proper “feast” of an international week saw several players record scores of over 40 without a sniff of the £20 – and spare a (small) thought for Shaun B who got 53 points… Well done Crispy, that’s paid for half your ticket when we go to Anfield to scupper another title dream in that ’89 kit…
- Hardly a “poor” score but Julian Fernandez 17 (0) managed to end up bottom of the pile this week and at the same time bring the family name into disrepute.
- Correct Score of the Week:
- EVERYONE had a piece of the action (well, nearly everyone..)
- Five of us got THE MOST OBVIOUS 0-0 involving Slovenia and Czech Rep, 12 got 8 points from Germany v Liechtenstein and another 9 got 8 points from Holland – Macedonia – four others chipped in for a bonus by nailing Portugal 0 Sweden 0. Eleven got Malta 0 Denmark 3, 6 got Holland’s 3-0 v Scotland, 4 got the Danes 2nd 3-0 victory and 4 managed to get the historic Czech Rep 1 Slovakia 2 scoreline. Gareth M & Will O got the one-one between Italy & Ireland but this week’s Best Correct Score goes to Mark Seels for his Armenia 2 Estonia 2 (mostly cos it was unique!)
- Bet of the Week:
- Rob Hathorn’s British/Irish/Iberian acca fell foul thanks to Ireland and Portugal (typical!), so now we’re £35 down and looking to Mr Crisp to come up with a Red Rum..
- Professor Booty:
- Jamie Tofeili stays in top spot now with a 10 points led over Jason M – Dave C is a further 7 points behind in 3rd
- “..dictionary definition of the word spastic”:
- He’s off the bottom! Anders H now looks down at our ’Appy ’Ammer Matt Worsfold via four whole points and two big places.
- Like two sealed copies of “Expansions”:
- Highest climbers this week are Shaun Backhouse & Dave Nicklin up 11 places to 7th & 19th respectively. Honourable mentions for Gareth M (+10) and Danny A (+7)
- “Dancin’ around like you think you’re Janet Jackson”:
- Falling furthest this week is Dan Pelgrom down 11 places to 28th – dishonourable mentions for Louise B (-8), Julian F (-9) and Ciaran McG (-7)
- Spot Prizers:
- OK, if you finish on these positions at the end of Week 13, you WILL win these prizes! Gareth M is on the promos at 11th(+10), Sean P is at 13th (-3), and Matt G is on 33rd (+1)
- Other Stuff:
- Danny A deserves a mention for getting an amazing 23 out of 30 results right this week – let’s hope he had a few lines on at the bookies…
- And Another Thing:
- David Pleat – co-commentator. Why? I did hear that description of Ukraine’s Kurt Cobain correctly didn’t I ??!