- I Want Candy :
- Pretty low standard for a winning score but it won’t mean a thing to Greg Edwards 31 (3) cos he’s snagged the £20 this week. I say snagged, he actually still owes me £2.50 the thieving (sort’ve) Scouse!
- I Want Crisps :
- Meanwhile, across the Pennines Stewart Lee 9 (0) may well be rueful of submitting his scores ultra early without a glance at current form, league tables, thinking Leeds (Leeds Leeds) will win every week!
- Correct Score of the Week :
- 14(!) got Reading 3 Burnley 1, 8 got Celtic 4 Hamilton 0, Seb A / Mark Sh / Gareth M / Dave T got the score-we-shall-never-mention at the Stadium of Light, Lisa G got the score-we’ll mention-every-week at White Hart Lane, Stephen P got Sheff U’s 3-0 win over Bristol C and Greg E got a luvverly 9 pointer with Coventry 4 Southampton 1. But, with a talent she obviously got from her dad (actually, that’s a lie – it’s her nan feeding her the scores), Francesca Fernandez got this week’s and the best so far, Correct Score of the Week with Man City 2 Liverpool 3
- Bet of the Week:
- In time honoured tradition we fall at the first hurdle as our Week 1 “expert” crashed and burned with his two tiered selection. So, £5 down, we look to Greg E to get us back in the black!
- All prize money has be added now. Apologies for missing people off etc. but I think we’ve got everyone on there now! Please let me know if you’re not on there (document saving bugs this end!)
- Right, if your name is here, you’ve got til Friday October 24th to settle up or face excommunication, tar and feathering and general ridicule from your peers! (drum roll please) Martin Stafford (£2.50) / Steve Tagger / Mark J Brown (shall I send you a Paypal request?) / Dave Crisp / Tim Birtwisle / Scott Angus / Matt Davies / Greg Edwards (£2.50) / Neil Birchall / Michael Green / Richard Lee / Gareth Morgan / Matt Worsfold / Wayne Connolly / Mark Shakespeare / Stephen Peaston / Dan Rayner / Donna Edmead / Andrew Chesworth / Dave Tagger / Michelle Fernandez / Jamie Tofeili. Don’t let me down people!
- Other Stuff:
- If a scoresheet is sent out and the first match is say, 12.45, any entries received from 12.46 onwards will have said game as “2-0” but all other scores are still valid. The same works if you miss the 3pm kick offs – you’ll get “2-0” for all those missed but your scores still count for the late kick offs and the Sunday/Monday games. It’s worth sending your scores in if their late as Greg E didn’t submit a scoresheet until 5pm this week – and he won! Oh, and it’s the time the email is RECEIVED irrespective of when it’s sent so don’t leave it too late eh?
- And Another Thing:
- We love City Hull again this week as much as the new TV On The Radio album!