- The Cadbury’s Gorilla:
- Dontcha just love it when a plan comes together? Sven swans in @ 16/1 to pick up the August “Manager of the Month”, City win on Sunday @ 13/8, go second making a mockery of the early prices/point spread in the Handicap/Total Points markets and Arsenal are cruising at the top and, more importantly, are 9 points clear of Sp*rs with a game in hand. Add to that a lovely little 5-0 prediction to get the ball rolling, it’s no surprise you pick up the £20 prize for Week 1. Ahhh yes, I can feel it coming in the air tonight and some of that money will be spent on a big f*ck off bar of choc (seeing as I’m on the wagon at the mo). Just to confirm then, 40 (5) tops the pile…
- Rubbish Monkey:
- What would you rather have? A broken metatarsal or a score of 8(0)? Neil Birchall and Emile discuss… (whilst eating a pie, natch)
- Correct Score of the Week:
- Loads of us got the Arsenal score (as predicted weeks ago – see below) and the Celtic score, a few less got the Sheff Utd 8 pointer and Phil C, Jon T, Donna E picked up 9 points for Watford 3 Soton 2 – lots of last minute goals in those games make it all the sweeter! However, the CSotW has to be unique, so hats off to Mark Grey who accurately guessed West Ham 3 Boro 0.
- Bet of the Week:
- Our reigning champ sent in his selections a bit too late to send round (and they were rubbish anyway) so we’ll kick this off in Week 2 with yours truly. We’ll make it a bit easier to follow this season too. If you win a weekly prize you’ll be asked to use your football predicting skills to win the rest some scant consolation. The idea is to advise which 7 teams to select for a £5 accumulator. I’ll be sending round my magnificent seven on Friday…
- Remember this from Sep 3rd? “Week 1 scoresheet will be mailed round on Monday 10th September. Cheers, Pab. PS – Week 1 features Spurs – Arsenal, I’m looking at an eight pointer…” Obviously I knew it would be 1-3 (as did four other Gooners and one Sp*rs fan – well done Johnny W!) but our favourite (betting genius) son took it one step further… “Hi Pab, I noticed you mentioned ’8’ points for the Spurs-Ars game a week or two ago in one of your emails, and I thought he could only mean 3-1. You’ve had a few of these predictions come in before so I stuck a few quid on it. I also had Spurs HT, Arsenal FT, as well as Spurs to score first and fail to win. They all came in but I’d have been glad to lose the tenner or so I put on them!!” The man is a bookie bashing legend…
A few bods still haven’t managed to get their money in – this week please or you’re on the “Hall of Shame”!
Things We Would’ve Liked To Hear This Weekend At The Match – “Oh you can freeze 500 mill, and you can freeze 500 more, Cos Thaksin’s got another billion underneath his bedroom floor, SHIN-A-WATRA! SHIN-A-WATRA!” Chant of the season so far, from Man City fans to the tune of The Proclaimers’ “500 miles”.