- Big Cup:
- It only took him a year to send over a photo holding the PAS Cup, so I won’t hold my breath this time! His second “scudetto” in 3 years, Simon Lindquist 384 (51) is a worthy winner by 18 points and goes to 2nd place in the Hall of Fame “Best Total for a Season” as well.Just goes to show, you can watch non-league football and still make a mug of your “premiership” pals… well done Simon, enjoy your £125 – is that enough for a season ticket at Woking?
- Carling Cup:
- He’s struggled all season but apparently has a penchant for early 80’s jazz funk… lucky, as Martin Stafford 252 (25) will receive a lovely Level 42 collection to go with his wooden spoon as he finished bottom of the pile 9 points behind former PAS great, Mark Fawke.
- Also Rans:
- (drum roll) Greg Edwards wheels his way to 2nd place (£100) holding off your host in 3rd place (£80) who in turn just about saw off long time leader but very lackadaisical Ben Alder in 4th place (£75). Week 12 winner Ben Hogwood finishes 5th (£50) and Jazz “never write him off cos he always wins money” Sian grappled his way up to 6th place (£40). Neil Templeton just about held onto 7th place (£30) after threatening to finish in the prize positions for most of the season…
- Close & A Cigar!:
- Not a good week to get the worst score as Jamie Sellers dropped from £50 to, well, a £50 cigar in 8th place – nevermind, it’ll take you about 5 hours to smoke mate, long enough to erase the misery of missing out on the money!
- Summer Spends:
- Spot prizers are – Danny Ashworth, who has his highest finish to go with his first PAS earnings ever in 11th (£15), Andy Chesworth, another weekly winner adding to his takings in 23rd (£15), Mark Grey, compounding a miserable season with a silver lining in 32nd (£15) and Ben McKeown, can now concentrate on his wedding day plans and spend a bit more on the ring in 39th (£15) spot. Oh, and the Best Correct Score (£5) went to Mark J Brown for his Motherwell 3 Falkirk 3….
- PAS Cup 2007 :
- The PAS Cup Final will take place from 19th – 23rd May and be contested between Karl Chartres (9th) and Matt Worsfold (13th) – don’t worry, I will keep you all posted with developments and results… if you want to know or not. So there.
- Four goals in thirty minutes :
- In a week of weird scores, the predicting freaks rose to the top. Donna E was up there! Even Scott “the joker” Aslett was in for the £20 prize with two games to go! All in vain though as the underachieving Wayne Connolly 36 (7) finally came good to scoop the last weekly. Well done Wayne, use that money to bet on Arsenal winning you the League my son…
- “2-0, and you f….”:
- The pack chasing down the title all came a cropper this week, none more so than Jamie Sellers 11 (0). Boo, and indeed, hoo!
- Correct Score of the Week:
- Now here’s a cautionary tale. One scouser decided it better to try and get a rubbish score and stay on a “spot prize” position rather than pit his wits and try to actually win £20 on a Weekly. His method? Lots of 5-5’s, 17-1’s and 0-8’s. Would have worked lovely but for the goal fest in Scotland…. Mark J Brown has this week’s best correct score AND Best Correct Score of the Season with his Motherwell 3 Falkirk 3 tactical guess. Other scores of note were, Ben McK (Sunderland 3 Burnley 2 – bet that lessened the blow Ben!), John W / Jon A / Scott A (Boro 2 Spurs 3), Matt G (Stoke 3 Colchester 1), Scott A (again, Blackpool 3 Scunthorpe 1) and Will O / Jazz S (Aberdeen 3 Kilmarnock 0).
- Bet Of The Week:
- Ben H’s selections crashed and burned after a good start on Friday night… We finish £5 down which isn’t bad considering some of bets we’ve had!
Thanks to everyone who has taken part, parted with money and bothered to submit scores week in, week out – thanks to Dave Nicklin for the technical support and brains and thanks to all those weekly winners who got involved provided a weekly punt (even though most were rubbish!).
That’s it folks for another season, we’ll be back in September with a brand new webpage featuring new and crazy functionalities (we hope, fingers crossed!). Your job is to spread the word and get as many bods as you can involved for Lucky 13 Winter 2007…
All monies/prizes will be transferred/handed over asap.