- Accrington Stanley :
- Penultimate week throws up a double winner – congrats to Dave Nicklin & Margaret Ashworth 34 (6) who both just edged out Week 11 winner Michelle F (more on her later). So it’s a tenner apiece for the winners, Dave has assured me he’s ploughing the money back into the PAS Research & Development scheme for the funding of 3D marking systems etc and Margaret will be paying for prediction lessons for her son (yes, you Danny A) who was only spared a weekly wooden spoon double courtesy of Mr 2-0…
- Brighton (Seaweed!):
- …now, I’ve never got my head round why people at the bottom of the table give up in the latter weeks – look what happens! Mr 2-0 and his hapless band of giver-uppers limped in with 12 (1)
- Correct Score of the Week:
- Could have been my Arsenal 3 WBA 1, but Tapiwa M and Michelle F got that too and it could’ve been Margaret A’s Toon 3 Wigan 1, but Stephen P got that as well. That left, erm, nothing of note (do you disagree? think your 0-1 midtable v top shock warrants a mention? mail in and tell me every week! you could be a contender!) Mark F is still out front with his Luton 3 Reading 2 score with one week to go.
- Bet of the Week :
- I’ve been told to rearrange these words by Michelle F – humble, eat and pie – cos against all expectation her wild treble of PNE, Pompey and Sp*rs came in to the tune of £68! Did you get on? I really can’t bet on Sp*rs anymore so I missed out – doh! So, with one week to go, if you had followed every tip so far you would be smiling with £63 profit in yer pocket! Next up, Dave N and Margaret A have a fiver each to play with… No pressure!
- Timing it just right, new leader Steve T opens up a 3 point gap on Jazz S, 5 points on Mark F, 9 points on Clare N and 12 points on Dave N…
- He’s probably not even reading this, but he’ll be getting a wooden spoon in the post – Greg E is now 18 points behind Ben H
- In an example to all, Neil T is this weeks highest climber up 10 places to 21st – other movers of note are Michelle F on 10 (+7) and Margaret A on 19 (+8)
- Matt W & Simon S fall 7 places to 17th and 18th respectively along with fellow 2-0ers who I can’t be bothered to mention…
- Spot Prizers:
- Will they stay put and win £20? Karl C on 11th (+1), Jamie S on 23rd (+1) and Gary B on 30th (+3)
Thought of the Week : Gary Naysmith – why?