- Colchester Balloons:
- In a week when the big hitters came out to play, the predicting machine that is Jazz Sian 47 (6) reared his money winning head and ran off with another £20 weekly win. There are some people who think Jazz is a pseudonym of mine and I cheat money from the hordes every season. I may have to start doing this in future just to stop him winning… Well done Jazz, shame Sp*rs only drew though eh?!
- Smudgers Ankle:
- Going to the New Den is painful in itself. Seeing your team concede a last minute goal just rubs it in. Getting 14 (0) Gary Blackburne, was surely too much???!
- Correct Score of the Week:
- Many were on the Charlton & Hearts gravy trains, Jamie S and Steve T saw Joe Cole coming and Jazz S fluked a Plymouth 3-1 (they never score three!). This weeks title, and season best so far, goes to Mark Fawke for his Luton 3 Reading 2 prediction, beating his own previous best Colchester – Derby selection
- Bet of the Week:
- It was all looking spot on for some money and up stepped the Pie Eaters at T*tt*nh*m – worth every penny in my book! We’re now £15 down and relying on Jazz S to share his predicting acumen… Come on, you owe us!
- Cup Update:
- Humdinger of a 5th round! Stephen P forgot to play a joker, scored 21 points and still went through – Michelle F’s 39 point haul ran into Jazz S and Mark F can thank his Toon joker for edging him past his good friend Will O in the Croydon derby by 41-40!
Draw for Quarter Finals will take place very soon on Five Live…
- Jazz Sian (+5) opens up a 9 point gap over 2nd placed Steve T
- Gary Blackburne (-5) is 5 points adrift of Danny A
- Michelle Fernandez (good girl!) is this weeks hihest climber up 17 places to 11th – mentions to Clare N (+7 to 8th), Simon L (+11 to 19th), Jamie S (+10 to 22nd) and Andy B (+9 and off the bottom to 25th)
- As bad as her daughter is good, Margaret Ashworth is the biggest faller down 10 to 26th – of note, Karl C (-5 and off the top to 6th), Richard L (-7 to 14th), Mindy N (-5 to 27th), Julian F (-9 to 32nd)
- Spot Prizers:
- Michelle F on 11th / Tapiwa M on 23rd / me on 30th (boooo!)
Thought of the Week: Why couldn’t that mongy Chelsea ballboy find a white ball amongst yellow balloons?